I've put together a list of some fun local activities that will hopefully have everyone happy and get you all out doing something as a family!
And even better... most of them are FREE or cheap!
1. Oregon Dairy Pumpkin Pickin' Days - I'm putting this one first since this only lasts for a couple more weeks! Oregon Dairy always has their playground and animals, but on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in October from 10am -5pm they also have their Pumpkin Pickin' Days. They offer a free wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch and free pumpkin painting and decorating - just pay for your pumpkin ($3-$16 depending on the size)! There's also a Straw Tunnel, Pebble Toy Box and a Replica Cow for "milking" that are all free. Garden Tractor Barrel Rides and Pedal Tractors Rides are available for $2 each. Definitely sounds like a fun fall activity! We're going to check it out this week!
2. Home Depot Kids Workshop - Once a month on Saturdays from 9am - 12pm Home Depot offers a FREE Kids Workshop! All kids get to keep their craft, receive a certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin! (How cool is that?!) On November 4th the workshop is a custom wooden Humvee to honor all those that have served our country. The kids will get to build, paint and decorate their Humvee! Go to Home Depot's Workshop Page and scroll down to the kids' event to register. This is a great activity to do with your kiddos!
3. Barnes and Noble Weekly Storytime - Every Wednesday and Saturday at 11am the Fruitville Pike Barnes and Noble offers a storytime and coloring activity. The Saturday readings have a different theme each week so make sure to check out their events page for more details. There's a little train table too!
And Mamas, there's a Starbucks in the store. ;)
4. Manheim Township Public Library - A trip to the library is always a good idea, and Manheim Township Library has a lot to offer. There's a play area that can be used anytime and they host activities every day of the week! Parachute play, building, music, and more - there's something for all ages! Some classes do require registration and have a class limit, so make sure to check out their calendar for all the details.
5. Leisure Lanes Bowling - Leisure Lanes has a great deal for a fun rainy day outing. Monday - Friday from 7am-6pm games are only $2.50! (plus $2.50 for shoes) Bumpers and bowling ball ramps are available!
So get out this week and do something fun together!! And then plan something for next week, because you know they're going to ask.
Have fun ;)